* * *nounan independent agency of the United States federal government that maintains fair and free competition; enforces federal antitrust laws; educates the public about identity theft• Syn: ↑Federal Trade Commission• Hypernyms: ↑independent agency
* * *U.S. Govt.Federal Trade Commission: a board, consisting of five members, charged with investigating and enjoining illegal practices in interstate trade, as price-fixing or fraudulent advertising.
* * *ft.-c.,foot-candle.FTC (no periods),Federal Trade Commission (a commission of five members appointed by the President to investigate and enforce laws against unfair business practices and violations of Federal laws regulating trade).
* * *abbr. Federal Trade Commission
* * *abbrFederal Trade Commission
The company is being investigated by the FTC.◇ The Federal Trade Commission is a part of the U.S. federal government that is responsible for preventing unfair or deceptive business practices.
* * *the FTC 7 [FTC] [ˌef tiː ˈsiː] [ˌef tiː ˈsiː] abbreviationthe Federal Trade Commission (the US government organization that is responsible for making sure that there is fair competition in business)Culture:The FTC was created in 1914. It uses ↑antitrust legislation to prevent monopolies (= companies which are so large that no others can compete with them). It investigates unfair business practices and has the legal power to stop them and to take companies to a court of law. The FTC also controls labels on products and tries to stop false advertisements. Compare ↑Office of Fair Trading.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
FTC — abbrFederal Trade Commission see also the important agencies section Merriam Webster’s Dictionary of Law. Merriam Webster. 1996. FTC … Law dictionary
FTC — may mean several things:* The Federal Trade Commission. * Ferencvárosi Torna Club, a Hungarian sports club. * Fire Team Charlie, a machinima based on the Halo games. * Free The Children, a large charitable organization aimed at letting children… … Wikipedia
FTC — ORGANIZATIONS abbreviation for Federal Trade Commission … Financial and business terms
FTC — FTC, the the Federal Trade Commission a US government organization that is responsible for making sure that trade between companies and their customers is fair. If two companies plan to ↑merge (=join together to become a single large company) ,… … Dictionary of contemporary English
FTC — ist die Abkürzung für: Fast Time Constant (eine Baugruppe in Radargeräten) Federal Trade Commission (Bundeshandelskommission) den ungarischen Sportverein Ferencvárosi Torna Club (Ferencváros Budapest) Free The Children, ein Hilfswerk von Kindern… … Deutsch Wikipedia
FTC — Abreviatura de factor de transformación del crecimiento. Abreviatura de la Federal Trade Commission. Diccionario Mosby Medicina, Enfermería y Ciencias de la Salud, Ediciones Hancourt, S.A. 1999 … Diccionario médico
FTC — (Federal Trade Commission) independent U.S. government agency that investigates fraudulent practices in interstate trade … English contemporary dictionary
FTC — abbrev. FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION … English World dictionary
FTC — Cette page d’homonymie répertorie les différents sujets et articles partageant un même nom. Sigles d’une seule lettre Sigles de deux lettres > Sigles de trois lettres Sigles de quatre lettres … Wikipédia en Français
FTC — Federal Trade Commission … Military dictionary